I’m a sucker for chocolate, and there’s nothing quite like tucking into your very own homemade chocolate. Best of all you know exactly what’s going into it!
This chocolate is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. Even your most sceptical friends and family will love it!
1 cup cocoa butter (measure quantity when melted)
1¼ cup raw cacao powder
½ cup raw honey or coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of sea salt
Natural flavours of your choice – I like peppermint oil, orange oil and shredded coconut
1. Rest a bowl on a pot of water and bring water to a simmer, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water itself.
2. Grate cocoa butter and add to bowl. Keep stirring until completely melted.
3. Remove bowl from heat and add cacao powder, sweeter of choice, vanilla and sea salt. Mix until smooth. Use a stick mixer if needed to make sure it’s extra smooth!
4. Time to add your flavouring! Divide the mixture into separate bowls and add essential oils, coconut, slivered almonds or anything else you like. I made a batch with a handful of shredded coconut and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil, and another batch plain with an extra pinch of sea salt.
5. Spread mixture out on lined baking tray or silicon moulds. To spread smoothly, heat a knife in boiling water and wipe dry and use to evenly disperse chocolate on tray.
6. Allow to cool, break roughly into bite sized chunks and enjoy!
Note: You can use coconut oil in place of the cocoa butter, but you will need to store it in the fridge or freezer as it melts quickly!