I'm a sucker for dessert - and this would have to be one of my all-time favourites! If you have any friends who are sceptical that real food can taste incredible, give them a slice of this and their mind will be changed forever. If you want to share, that is!
One of the jobs that put me through uni was working at a hairdresser. Which mostly involved making coffee, giving head massages and sweeping the floor.
But one of the most memorable parts of that job was Helen’s famous mini Christmas puddings. People would always “just drop in to say hello” from the 1st of December in hope of taking home one of the absolutely dense, decadent mini puddings.
Let's be honest, I have a sweet tooth. I'm always experimenting with new and different treats, and this one is a winner!
Gelatin is all the rage at the moment, and for good reason! It plays a role in gut healing, promoting healthy skin, protecting your joints and improving sleep quality. Plus, it makes delish desserts and snacks!
This salted caramel nicecream is heavenly, and even better... Its guilt free!
2 small frozen bananas
1 tbsp coconut oil
5 pitted dates
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Small pinch sea salt
Raw cacao nibs to serve
Throw all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. So easy!
Bliss balls are an awesome gift idea for Christmas! Hunt down some of this super-cute noodle boxes and give a gift that won't leave anyone feeling blergh! (unless you eat a whole box!)
Makes 18 bliss balls
1 cup cashews
1 cup almonds
1 cup pepitas
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup desiccated coconut
4 tbsp raw honey
1 cup pitted dates
2 tbsp water
1. Soak cashews and almonds in filtered water for at least 4 hours. Rinse nuts and blend thoroughly in blender. Add to large mixing bowl with honey and coconut oil.
2. Put dates in a pan with water on low heat, and stir until softened (around 10 minutes). Allow to cool and then blend until smooth. Add to the mixture of nuts, honey and coconut oil.
3. Blend pepitas until a fine powder is formed, and add to mixture.
4. Mix all ingredients together with your hands and roll into balls.
5. Thoroughly coat balls in coconut. Enjoy!
Have a lovely Christmas all!
The perfect healthy snack for work or as a dessert, this lemony bliss balls are zingy, satisfying and so easy to make!
Makes 14 balls
2 cups sunflower seeds
2 cups coconut flakes
rind of 2 lemons (taste and see, I like mine very lemony)
small squeeze of lemon juice
8 medjool dates
2 heaped tbsp coconut oil
1. Throw sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in blender and blend until fine. Place into a large mixing bowl.
2. Blend dates in blender until smooth. Add dates to mixing bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
4. Roll mixture into balls.
5. Store in the fridge.