I'm a sucker for dessert - and this would have to be one of my all-time favourites! If you have any friends who are sceptical that real food can taste incredible, give them a slice of this and their mind will be changed forever. If you want to share, that is!
This salted caramel nicecream is heavenly, and even better... Its guilt free!
2 small frozen bananas
1 tbsp coconut oil
5 pitted dates
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Small pinch sea salt
Raw cacao nibs to serve
Throw all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. So easy!
The perfect healthy snack for work or as a dessert, this lemony bliss balls are zingy, satisfying and so easy to make!
Makes 14 balls
2 cups sunflower seeds
2 cups coconut flakes
rind of 2 lemons (taste and see, I like mine very lemony)
small squeeze of lemon juice
8 medjool dates
2 heaped tbsp coconut oil
1. Throw sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in blender and blend until fine. Place into a large mixing bowl.
2. Blend dates in blender until smooth. Add dates to mixing bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
4. Roll mixture into balls.
5. Store in the fridge.
One of my favourite things to do on the weekend is to wake everyone up with pancakes first thing in the morning. I have tried so many different recipes, and this simple recipe is my favourite - nut-free, requires few ingredients, and the pancakes are so fluffy and delicious.
4 heaped tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp lemon juice
rind of 1/2 lemon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup raw grass-fed butter or coconut oil
Fruit and raw honey to serve
1. Add eggs, coconut flour and lemon rind to a mixing bowl. Add baking soda to mixture and directly drop lemon juice onto baking soda to allow activation (your own little science experiment!). Mix thoroughly to combine.
2. Preheat a non-stick frypan to medium heat.
3. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter or coconut oil to coat the pan.
4. Add a spoonful of batter at a time to pan until you reach your desired pancake size. 5. Cook pancakes until golden on the bottom, and then flip and cook until golden on the other side.
6. Continue until you have used all of the mixture, continuing to add butter or coconut oil between cooking each pancake (for extra-golden pancakes!).
7. Serve right away with fresh fruit and a drizzle of raw honey.