If you're not big on veg for breakfast or looking for a healthy snack at work, a green smoothie is a great option! I make my smoothie the night before, store it in a glass jar and sip on it in the morning at work.
This smoothie is so delicious, you won't even notice the greens! Super-thick 'ice cream' consistency (like all my smoothies), it makes the perfect summer breakfast on the run!
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 tsp maca (optional)
1 cup organic baby spinach
1/4 cup coconut water
Throw coconut water and spinach in blender first and blend thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Top with fresh fruit and raw cacao nibs for crunch!
I always wake up hours before everyone else on the weekend! So sometimes I have a sneaky pre-breakfast smoothie! This smoothie was a real treat. I love chai tea, and the flavour really added something to this frothy smoothie.
1 large frozen banana
6 tbsp coconut milk
1 chai teabag handful of ice
1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
1. Brew chai tea and allow to cool.
2. Throw tea, banana, ice and coconut milk in blender.
3. Serve with raw cacao nibs. Delish!
I love my smoothies THICK! And with added crunch. This breakfast smoothie is a regular favourite during summer. I always keep the fridge stocked with a variety of frozen fruits, and also freeze things such a spinach and coconut milk to add to smoothies and prevent food wastage!
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup macadamia milk (or milk of your choice)
1 egg (don't eat raw eggs too often, may lead to biotin deficiency)
1 tsp maca powder
2 brazil nuts (daily dose of selenium!)
Dash of ground cinnamon
Homemade paleo-friendly granola
A few strawberries and 1/4 ripe banana to serve
1. Thouroughly blend banana, blueberries, macadamia milk, egg, maca and cinnamon. Should produce a thick 'ice cream' consistency.
2. Pour smoothie into a bowl. Top with sliced strawberries, banana and granola.
3. Eat with a spoon! You won't get through this super thick smoothie with a straw!