One of my favourite things to do on the weekend is to wake everyone up with pancakes first thing in the morning. I have tried so many different recipes, and this simple recipe is my favourite - nut-free, requires few ingredients, and the pancakes are so fluffy and delicious.
4 heaped tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp lemon juice
rind of 1/2 lemon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup raw grass-fed butter or coconut oil
Fruit and raw honey to serve
1. Add eggs, coconut flour and lemon rind to a mixing bowl. Add baking soda to mixture and directly drop lemon juice onto baking soda to allow activation (your own little science experiment!). Mix thoroughly to combine.
2. Preheat a non-stick frypan to medium heat.
3. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter or coconut oil to coat the pan.
4. Add a spoonful of batter at a time to pan until you reach your desired pancake size. 5. Cook pancakes until golden on the bottom, and then flip and cook until golden on the other side.
6. Continue until you have used all of the mixture, continuing to add butter or coconut oil between cooking each pancake (for extra-golden pancakes!).
7. Serve right away with fresh fruit and a drizzle of raw honey.