Chilli Con Carne is one of my regular go-to recipes. Its so easy to find organic, grass-fed minced beef, and it is a cheap and easy option to feed a family or for a big Sunday cook-up. I always have a few batches frozen for work lunches or dinner. Plus, everyone loves it!
2 cloves garlic
3 medium carrots
2 red capsicums
500 grams tomato passata
1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
500 grams organic grassfed minced beef
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 bunch coriander
Dash sea salt
1 large ripe avocado
1. Finely chop the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and capsicum.
2. Add coconut oil to a large pan, and cook vegetables on medium heat until soft (around 5 minutes) with cumin, chilli flakes and sea salt.
3. Add the minced beef to the pan and cook until browned.
4. Add the passata, and half-fill empty passata jar with water and pour into the pan. Leave pan to simmer for around half an hour.
5. Turn off the heat. Roughly chop coriander and stir through the mixture.
6. Serve with a wedge of lime and sliced avocado.